The Flat Lap Tutorial on DVD
See a Lapidary Artist flat lap and polish a stone in minutes!
In this DVD, you will be shown:
• How to Flat Lap for a couple of bucks
• How to use a Flat Lap machine and its parts
• How to use the Flat Lap to address problem areas
• How to Flat Lap and fine polish a cabochon
• Chalkboard theory with regard to equipment, grinding and polishing
• Visual instructional step by step Flat Lap and summary
Price: $25 including Domestic USA shipping
Running time: 1hr. 13 min.
The first section of this DVD covers how to make a flat lap out of a piece of auto glass for a couple of bucks. A good reminder that often a return to simplicity is the best way to go for clear and simple results. It is great to have options!
Into chapter 2 is an introduction to a flat lap machine, part & pieces.
Problem solving with the flat lap and changing grits move us into chapters 3 and 4.
Using the flat lap for cabochon cutting is next. While this may seem illogical, the flat lap as a cabbing surface is a choice of many lapidary artists.
Jim Barzee spends an entire chapter on the fine polishing of a cab in in section 6.